Carlton are environmentally conscious, responsible and committed to developing, promoting and achieving the highest standards of environmental practice. We have achieved Phase 3 of the BS 8555 Environmental Standard, continually improving our environmental performance and complying with environmental legislation. Our commitment to sustainability is demonstrated by:
- A ‘local’ workforce, spread across our area of activity, which allows us to cut down on unnecessary commuting to site.
- Ensure workers who live near each other travel to site together in one vehicle.
- Use of sustainable locally sourced materials wherever possible.
- Use of recycled materials wherever possible.
- Recycling of materials on site – using crushers to grade excavated materials that can then be used as backfill or hardcore.
- All sites operate Site Waste Management Plans.
- Noise, dust and vibration monitoring and minimisation.
- Pollution prevention and training for all site operatives.
- Constant communication with local residents, businesses and other stakeholders.